The curriculum of the Didactic Program in Dietetics is the list of courses at SDSU that satisfy the course requirements set forth by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The program is completed in conjunction with the BS in Foods & Nutrition, or the MS in Nutritional Science.
- DPD Pre-Verification Form (pdf, updated 9/8/2014)
A listing of all SDSU courses required for completion of the DPD
- Course Descriptions (NUTR), 2021-2022
Official descriptions from the SDSU General Catalog
Verification Statement Requirements
A verification statement from the DPD Director is required to apply for the internship necessary for becoming a registered dietitian nutritionist. The requirements for obtaining a verification statement from the SDSU DPD Director are:
- a bachelor’s degree
- 18 units minimum taken in Foods & Nutrition courses at SDSU
- completion of the DPD curriculum
- an overall GPA of at least a 3.1
- a DPD course GPA of at least 3.1, with no grade in a DPD course lower than a C
- a grade of C or better on each item required for the DPD portfolio
- official transcripts from all institutions attended to verify that the GPA requirements have been met
Beginning January 1, 2024, the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) has changed the degree requirement for dietitian registration eligibility from a Bachelor’s degree to a Master’s degree (in any field) in addition to the current requirement of a verification statement from an ACEND accredited dietetics program. For more information, see Graduate Degree Registration Eligibility Requirement Frequently Asked Questions (pdf) and Graduate Degree Registration Eligibility Requirement Student Option Scenarios (pdf).