The curriculum of the Didactic Program in Dietetics is the list of courses at SDSU that satisfy the course requirements set forth by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The program is completed in conjunction with the BS in Foods & Nutrition, or the MS in Nutritional Science.
- BS in Foods and Nutrition Program Requirements, 2017-2018 (pdf, posted 9/6/2017)
- DPD Pre-Verification Form (pdf, updated 9/8/2014)
A listing of all SDSU courses required for completion of the DPD
- Course Descriptions (NUTR), 2017-2018 (pdf)
Official descriptions from the SDSU General Catalog
Verification Statement Requirements
A verification statement from the DPD Director is required to apply for the internship necessary for becoming a registered dietitian nutritionist. The requirements for obtaining a verification statement from the SDSU DPD Director are:
- a bachelor’s degree
- 18 units minimum taken in Foods & Nutrition courses at SDSU
- completion of the DPD curriculum
- an overall GPA of at least a 3.1;
- a DPD course GPA of at least 3.1, with no grade in a DPD course lower than a C
Beginning January 1, 2024, a graduate degree will be required in order to qualify to take the registration examination to become a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
last updated: 9/6/2017