The athletic training major and the kinesiology major with emphases in exercise science generalist, fitness specialist, and prephysical therapy are impacted programs.
To be admitted to the athletic training major or a kinesiology major emphasis, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete with a grade of C (2.0) or better: Exercise and Nutritional Sciences 200 and Biology 212. These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC). Biology 212 must be completed with a grade of B (3.0) or better for students in the athletic training major;
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester units applicable to the lower division General Education requirements to include all Preparation for the Major requirements for kinesiology major emphasis, and electives to reach 60 units. Exercise and Nutritional Sciences 200 and Biology 212 must be completed before taking upper division major courses. Preparation for the Major courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.80 or better. For the athletic training major, the GPA is also required for application submission and program consideration.
- For the athletic training major, students must be accepted into the professional
- For the athletic training major, complete with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0: Biology 212, Exercise and Nutritional Sciences 265, 265L. These courses cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC).
To complete the major, students must fulfill the degree requirements for the major emphasis described in the catalog in effect at the time they are accepted into the premajor at SDSU (assuming continuous enrollment).
last updated: 8/31/2018