- A bachelor’s degree in kinesiology. Applicants who do not have an undergraduate major in kinesiology may be admitted to conditionally classified graduate standing on the recommendation of the graduate advisor of the school. Students will be required to complete or have equivalent preparation in the following, in addition to the minimum 36 units required for the Master of Science degree:
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 212)*
- Human Physiology (BIOL 261 or 336)*
- Physiology of Exercise (ENS 304)*
- Exercise Physiology Lab (ENS 304L)*
- Applied Kinesiology (ENS 303)
- Statistics (e.g., PSY 280)*
* Class must be completed prior to admission.
- A grade point average of 3.0 in the last 60 units of bachelor’s coursework.
- A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL, if medium of instruction was in a language other than English.
How to Apply
You can also review the directions on the Zoom Recording.
The application period for Fall 2023 entry opens on October 1, 2022.
Please note that the SDSU School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences Master’s Degrees requires a two-part application. It is necessary to submit both the Cal State Apply and Interfolio applications in order to be considered for admissions
1. Cal State Apply: Submit the Cal State Apply Online Application by December 15, 2022
- An application fee applies.
- An SDSU “RED ID” number will be emailed to you after submission, which allows tracking of application status online.
- Once you have submitted your Cal State Apply application, a prompt will be given to continue on to Interfolio.
- Please carefully read the instructions and choose the degree program you plan to pursue. Once submitted, the application cannot be changed.
2. Official Transcripts: Submit Official Transcripts and TOEFL Test Scores (if needed) to SDSU Graduate Admissions before January 12, 2023
- If applicable send TOEFL test scores must be sent by ETS directly to SDSU (institution code 4682).
- The GRE is not required and will not be evaluated. Electronic transcripts are accepted and preferable. If you are required to provide an email address for secure delivery, please use email@example.com.
- Paper copies of official transcripts can also be mailed to:
SDSU Graduate Admissions
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
*Note: if you are sending paper copies, please allow 4-5 weeks for processing. Transcripts not sent in on time will result in processing delays.
International applicants: Please see additional requirements and steps to apply. If you have earned an undergraduate degree from an international university, please follow the instructions for international applicants.
3. Interfolio: Submit Supplemental Materials to Interfolio by January 12, 2023
- MS Exercise Physiology Prerequisite Grade Sheet, 2019-2020 (xlsx)
Complete and upload via Interfolio.
- Transcripts from all universities attended must be included in your Interfolio application (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Include only appropriate prerequisite courses for the degree program you are applying to on the prerequisite grade sheet. Please note any coursework remaining, including those in which you are currently enrolled.
Graduate and Teaching Associates and Graduate/Instructional Support Assistantships
- Please see the Graduate and Teaching Associates page.
Prospective Masters Students Frequently Asked Questions
- Please see the Prospective Masters Students FAQ.