- A bachelor’s degree in kinesiology. Applicants who do not have an undergraduate major in kinesiology may be admitted to conditionally classified graduate standing on the recommendation of the graduate advisor of the school. Students will be required to complete or have equivalent preparation in the following, in addition to the minimum 36 units required for the Master of Science degree:
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 212)*
- Human Physiology (BIOL 261 or 336)*
- Physiology of Exercise (ENS 304)*
- Exercise Physiology Lab (ENS 304L)*
- Applied Kinesiology (ENS 303)
- Statistics (e.g., PSY 280)*
* Class must be completed prior to admission.
- A grade point average of 3.0 in the last 60 units of bachelor’s coursework.
- A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL, if medium of instruction was in a language other than English.
How to Apply
You can also review the directions on the Zoom Recording.
The application period for Fall 2021 entry opens on October 1, 2020.
1. Submit the Cal State Apply Online Application by December 15, 2020
- An application fee applies.
- A SDSU “RED ID” number will be assigned which allows tracking of application status online.
- Once you have submitted your Cal State Apply application, a prompt will be given to continue on to Interfolio.
2. Submit Official Test Scores and Official Transcripts to SDSU Graduate Admission by January 12, 2021
- If applicable send TOEFL test scores must be sent by ETS directly to SDSU (institution code 4682).
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended must be mailed to:
SDSU Graduate Admissions
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
3. Submit Supplemental Materials to Interfolio by February 3, 2021
- MS Exercise Physiology Prerequisite Grade Sheet, 2019-2020 (xlsx)
Complete and upload via Interfolio.
Graduate and Teaching Associates and Graduate/Instructional Support Assistantships
- Please see the Graduate and Teaching Associates page.
Prospective Masters Students Frequently Asked Questions
- Please see the Prospective Masters Students FAQ.