Many of our faculty and second- and third-year Doctor of Physical Therapy students attended the Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association on Feb 21-24, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The Doctor of Physical Therapy Student Association applied for the competitive Student Success Fee Award and was granted the funds to support student travel and lodging costs associated with this trip.
Below is a list of educational and research presentations by SDSU faculty (in bold) and students (in italics):
- Austin T, Bennett J, Rauh MJ, Reinking M. Optimizing Bone Health in Athletes: A Critical Challenge
- Smith BA, Tuttle L. I Want to Present a Poster or Platform at Combined Sections Meeting, Now What?
- Rauh MJ, Rhon D, Westrick R. Science Meets Practice: Injury Prediction, Prevention, and Disability Should We Shift Our Efforts?
- McCabe S, O’Brien B, Ruiz F, Cozine E, Gombatto S, Rauh MJ. Sport specialization in high school cross-country runners.
- Luedke LE, Heiderscheit B, Williiams DSB, Rauh MJ. Summer Training Factors and Running-Related Injury Risk in High School Cross Country Runners
- Rauh MJ, Akau CK, Beachy GD. Interscholastic cross-country running injuries: a 25-year epidemiological descriptive analysis.
- Randell H, Smith C, St. Peter JA, Tuttle L, Rauh MJ. Health characteristics of competitive collegiate dancers.
- Weisenberger K, Martens M, Fellow J, Beerbaum S, Ingram N, Ibarra SM, Abdenour TE, Rauh MJ, Gombatto S. Knee varus movement pattern associated with history of lateral ankle sprains in NCAA division I men’s basketball players–a case series
- Gross K, Schneider KO, Hernandez A, Paladugu P, Sathyamoorthy K, Moon KS, Ozturk Y, Gombatto S. Reliability and validity of a low-profile mobile sensor system for ecological monitoring of lumbar spine posture and movement
- Nalbandian S, Medicke M, Lovell BR, Bancells K, Ingram N, Ibarra SM, Abdenour TE, Rosenthal M, Gombatto S. High flexion movement pattern associated with patellar tendinopathy and low back pain in NCAA division I men’s basketball players – a case series
- Fasching J, Bloom B, Tuttle L. Anti-gravity treadmill training to increase functional endurance in an individual with Late-Onset Pompe Disease and osteoporosis: a case report
- Autry T, Kemp C, Lassaga-Bishop M, Mettenleiter M, Shetter H, Zukowski JB, Tuttle L. The Impact of Hip Strengthening on Pelvic Floor Function: A Novel Rehabilitation Approach
- Maluf KS, Crossen C, Herman J, Krouse M, Larios V, Miller E. Sedentary Behavior is Related to Reduced Mechanical Pain Tolerance in Healthy Pain-Free Adults
- Domingo A, Tam R, Willcocks S, Goff M, Colwell S, Kressler J. Effects of Ekso training on walking function and health in people with incomplete spinal cord injury: a case series.
- Domingo A, Baxter CG, Ball S, Kennard L, Pham B, Rosario SJ, Sanscartier CT, Kressler J. Oxygen uptake and muscle activation while walking in an exoskeleton with variable assistance in individuals with incomplete spinal cord injury.