Barbara K. Rosenblatt was a prominent Registered Dietitian in the San Diego Dietetics Community prior to her untimely death in 1985.
The scholarship was established in the late 1980s in the area of Nutritional Sciences at San Diego State University by Barbara’s widower husband, Dr. Richard Rosenblatt, a world- renowned professor of marine biology at Scripps Institution of Oceanography. Dr. Rosenblatt passed away at the age of 83 in 2014.
- Number of scholarships awarded will be determined by the scholarship committee.
- The Barbara Rosenblatt Memorial Scholarship has a value up to $1,000.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.00.
- Open to full-time graduate students in the M.S. program in Nutritional Sciences or the Dual M.S. programs of Nutritional Sciences and Exercise Physiology; Undergraduate students in Foods and Nutrition.
- Award may be renewed up to one additional year.
- Award renewal is not automatic. Prior recipients must reapply for consideration.
- Undergraduate and graduate students must be enrolled full time.