- • A bachelor’s degree and completion of the prerequisite courses below:
- General Chemistry (CHEM 100)*^
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 130)*^
- Prerequisite: CHEM 100
- Biochemistry (CHEM 160)*^
- Prerequisite: CHEM 130
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 212)*^
- Prerequisite: BIOL 100
- Human Physiology (BIOL 261 or 336)*^
- Prerequisite: BIOL 100
- Physiology of Exercise (ENS 304)*^
- Prerequisite: BIOL 336
- Exercise Physiology Lab (ENS 304L)*
- Prerequisite: ENS 304 (credit or concurrent enrollment)
- Applied Kinesiology (ENS 303)
- Prerequisite: BIOL 212
- Statistics (e.g., PSY 280)*^
- Basic Nutrition (NUTR 201)*^
- Prerequisite: BIOL 100^, CHEM 100
- Advanced Nutrition (NUTR 302 & 302L)^
- Prerequisite: NUTR 201, BIOL 336, CHEM 160
*Class must be completed prior to admission
^Students interested in the Didactic Program Dietetics must complete ^ noted courses as plus BIOL 100, BIOL 100L, BIOL 211, BIOL 211L, and NUTR 205 with a 3.1 GPA or better.
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in the last 60 units of bachelor’s coursework.
The application period for Fall 2023 entry opens on October 1, 2022.
Please note that the SDSU School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences Master’s Degrees requires a two-part application. It is necessary to submit both the Cal State Apply and Interfolio applications in order to be considered for admissions
1. Submit the Cal State Apply Online Application by December 15, 2022
- An application fee applies.
- An SDSU “RED ID” number will be emailed to you after submission, which allows tracking of application status online.
- Once you have submitted your Cal State Apply application, a prompt will be given to continue on to Interfolio.
- Please carefully read the instructions and choose the degree program you plan to pursue. Once submitted, the application cannot be changed.
2. Official Transcripts:
Submit Official Transcripts and TOEFL Test Scores (if needed) to SDSU Graduate Admissions before January 12, 2023
- If applicable TOEFL test scores must be sent by ETS directly to SDSU (institution code 4682).
- The GRE is not required and will not be evaluated. Electronic transcripts are accepted and preferable. If you are required to provide an email address for secure delivery, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paper copies of official transcripts can also be mailed to:
SDSU Graduate Admissions
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-8225
*Note: if you are sending paper copies, please allow 4-5 weeks for processing. Transcripts not sent in on time will result in processing delays.
International applicants: Please see additional requirements and steps to apply. If you have earned an undergraduate degree from an international university, please follow the instructions for international applicants.
3. Interfolio: Submit Supplemental Materials to Interfolio by January 12, 2023
- Required Documents
- Statement of Purpose – Statements should be 1-2 pages in length describing applicant’s background, relevant experiences/accomplishments, research area(s) of interest and faculty member(s) with whom applicant is interested in working (if applicable), and career goals.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Prerequisite Grade Sheet (xlsx)
- Include only appropriate prerequisite courses for the degree program you are applying to on the prerequisite grade sheet.
- Please note any coursework remaining, including those in which you are currently enrolled.
- Letters of Recommendation (2) from academic professors, advisers, or other professional references
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Optional Documents
- Application for a Graduate Teaching Associateship, Graduate Assistantship and/or Instructional Support Assistantship: https://ens.sdsu.edu/student-resources/ga-ta/
- List of publications and/or grants
Graduate Teaching Associates and Graduate/Instructional Support Assistantships
- Please see the Graduate and Teaching Assistantships page.
Prospective Masters Students Frequently Asked Questions
- Please see the Prospective Masters Students FAQ.