- A bachelor’s degree in foods and nutrition, exercise science, kinesiology, physical education, or related fields. Students will be required to complete or have equivalent preparation in:
- General Chemistry (CHEM 100)*
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 130)*
- Biochemistry (CHEM 160)*
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 212)*
- Human Physiology (BIOL 261 or 336)*
- Physiology of Exercise (ENS 304)*
- Exercise Physiology Lab (ENS 304L)*
- Applied Kinesiology (ENS 303)
- Statistics (e.g., PSY 280)*
- Basic Nutrition (NUTR 201)*
- Advanced Nutrition (NUTR 302 & 302L)
*Class must be completed prior to admission
- A grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 in the last 60 units of bachelor’s coursework.
- A minimum score of 475 (old GRE score) or 151 (new GRE score) on the verbal and 475 (old GRE score) or 142 (new GRE score) on the quantitative sections of the GRE General Aptitude Test. Please note the university requires that ALL sections (verbal, quantitative, analytical writing) of the GRE be completed.
- A minimum score of 80 on the TOEFL, if medium of instruction was in a language other than English.
The application period for Fall 2019 entry opens on October 1, 2018.
1. Submit the Cal State Apply Online Application by December 15, 2018
- An application fee applies.
- A SDSU “RED ID” number will be assigned which allows tracking of application status online.
- Once you have submitted your Cal State Apply application, a prompt will be given to continue on to SDSU Decision Desk.
2. Submit Official Test Scores and Official Transcripts to SDSU Graduate Admission by January 12, 2019
- Official GRE (and if applicable, TOEFL) test scores must be sent by ETS directly to SDSU (institution code 4682).
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended must be mailed to:
SDSU Graduate Admissions
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
3. Submit Supplemental Materials to Interfolio by January 12, 2019
- Dual MS Prerequisite Grade Sheet (xlsx)
Complete and upload via Interfolio.
Prospective Masters Students Frequently Asked Questions
- Please see the Prospective Masters Students FAQ.
last updated: 9/21/2018