Michelle Weber Rawlins, Ph.D., ATC conducts research as part of the Athletic Training Program. Dr. Weber Rawlins’ research focuses on concussions, specifically aiming to understand what factors lead to concussion disclosure in both the athletic, military, and historically underrepresented populations, and design educational interventions in order to enhance seeking care for a suspected concussion. Dr. Weber Rawlins also conducts research on social determinants of health, nutritional practices, academic adjustments, driving, and mental health considerations following concussion. There are numerous opportunities for student involvement. If you are interested in collaborating with Dr. Weber Rawlins, please review some of her recent publications and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle Weber Rawlins
Phone: (619) 594-1924
Office: ENS 309
- Weber Rawlins ML, Johnson RS, Schmidt JD, Lynall RC, O’Brien KH, Welch Bacon KE.University educators’ perceptions of academic adjustments following a concussion for student-athletes and non-student-athletes, Journal of American College Health, 2021;DOI: 10.1080/07448481.2022.2108324
Weber Rawlins ML, Johnson BR, Register-Mihalik JK, DeAngelis K, Schmidt JD, D’Lauro CJ. United States Air Force Academy Cadets’ Unprompted Knowledge of Concussions and Bell-Ringers/Dings: Perceived Differences and Similarities. Journal of Athletic Training. 2021;57(1):25–31. doi: 10.4085/1062-6050-0685.20.
- Weber Rawlins ML, Wilson A, Bay RC, Valovich McLeod TC. An Examination of Perceived Pressure from Stakeholders on Concussion Reporting Intentions and Behavior in Ice Hockey Athletes. Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation. 2021; DOI: 10.1097/HTR.0000000000000679.
- Weber Rawlins ML, Johnson BR, Jones E, Register-Mihalik JK, Foster C, De Angelis K, Schmidt JD, D’Lauro CJ. The Role of Social Support in Concussion Disclosure in United States Air Force Academy Cadets: A Mixed Methods Approach. Military Medicine. 2021; doi:10.1093/milmed/usab102.
- Weber Rawlins ML, Welch Bacon CE, Tomporowski P, Gay JL, Bierema L, Schmidt JD. A Qualitative Analysis of Concussion Reporting Behavior. Journal of Athletic Training. 2021; 56(1); DOI: 10.4085/1062-6050-0392-19.
- Schmidt JD, Weber Rawlins ML, Lynall RC, D’Lauro C, Clugston J, McAllister TW, McCrea M, Broglio SP, CARE Consortium Investigators. Medical Disqualification Following Concussion in Collegiate Student-Athletes: Findings from the CARE Consortium. Sports Medicine. 2020; 50: https://doi.org/10.1007/s40279-020-01302-y.
- Weber Rawlins ML, Welch Bacon CE, Tomporowski P, Gay JL, Bierema L, Schmidt JD. Using The Health Belief Model To Predict Concussion Reporting Intentions And Behavior. Brain Injury. 2020; 34(12): https://doi.org/10.1080/02699052.2020.1831069.
- Weber Rawlins ML, Johnson BR, Register-Mihalik JK, De Angelis K, Schmidt JD, D’Lauro CJ. United States Air Force Academy Cadets’ Perceived Costs of Concussion Disclosure. Military Medicine. 2019;185(1-2): https://doi.org/10.1093/milmed/usz162
- Weber ML, Dean JL, Hoffman NL, Broglio SP, McCrea M, McAllister TW, Schmidt JD; CARE Consortium Investigators, Hoy AR, Hazzard JB, Kelly LA, Ortega JD, Port N, Putukian M, Langford TD, Tierney R, Campbell DE, McGinty G, O’Donnell P, Svoboda SJ, DiFiori JP, Giza CC, Benjamin HJ, Buckley T, Kaminski TW, Clugston JR, Feigenbaum LA, Eckner JT, Guskiewicz K, Mihalik JP, Miles JD, Anderson S, Master CL, Collins M, Kontos AP, Bazarian JJ, Chrisman SPD, Brooks A, Duma S, Bullers CT, Miles CM, Dykhuizen BH. Influences of Mental Illness, Current Psychological State, and Concussion History on Baseline Concussion Assessment Performance. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2018;46(7):1742-1751. doi: 10.1177/0363546518765145.
- For an up-to-date publications list, see Google Scholar.