- U.S Army-Baylor University, DSc, Post Professional Doctoral Program in Orthopedic and Manual Physical Therapy, 2006
- U.S Army-Baylor University, MPT, Graduate Program in Physical Therapy, 1993
- University of California at San Diego, BS, Psychology, 1990
Licensure Information/Registration Number
- Licensed Physical Therapist in California: #38960
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic & Manual Physical Therapists
- Certified Athletic Trainer #119502449
Clinical specialty, Interests, and Practice sites
I’m a fellowship trained orthopedic and manual physical therapist. I have a special interest in athletes and the military population.
- Raney NH, Petersen EJ, Smith TA, Cowan JE, Rendeiro DG, Deyle GD, Childs JD. Development of a clinical prediction rule to identify patients with neck pain likely to benefit from cervical traction and exercise. Eur Spine J. 2009; 18(3):382-91.
- Smith TA, Boyles RE. An impairment-based treatment approach to early rehabilitation of patients with total knee arthroplasty: a case series. Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy. 2006; 14(3):182.
- Smith TA, Cashman T. The Incidence of Injury in Light Infantry Soldiers. Military Medicine. 2002; 167:104-109.
- Graves D, Miller J, Smith T, Rendeiro D, Kelly A, Underwood F. A Comparison of Right and Left Orthodromic Sensory and Motor Neural Conduction Amplitudes of the Median and Ulnar Nerves in Healthy Adults. Journal of Clinical Electrophysiology. 1995; 7:6-8.
- Smith T. An impairment-based treatment approach to early rehabilitation of patients with total knee arthroplasty: a case series. 11th Annual American Academy of Orthopedic and Manual Physical Therapists, Salt Lake City, Utah. 2006.
Honors and Awards
- Retired U.S Army Lieutenant Colonel (20 years)
- Legion of Merit, United States Army (2011). A military decoration of the United States Armed Forces awarded for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements.
I’m an avid roadbiker, TRXer, and yoga lover. I love anything outdoors and love to travel both in the U.S and abroad.