Dr. Gombatto’s DPT faculty profile page >>
Phone: (619) 594-3288
Office: ENS 118
Download CV (pdf)
- PhD, Washington University,2007, Movement Science
- MS, Ithaca College, 1999, Physical Therapy
- BS, Ithaca College, 1998, Clinical Science
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association (1996-present) – Orthopaedics and Research Section
I am interested in examining the mechanisms underlying chronic-recurrent low back pain. Using information from a physical therapy examination and a 3D movement analysis laboratory, I have investigated differences in movement characteristics between different subgroups of people with low back pain and between people with and without low back pain. Currently, I am examining the relationship between posture and movement and the development and persistence of a low back pain problem. I am particularly interested in how people move during functional activities. At SDSU, I plan to continue this research using 3-D movement analysis, but also plan to use new tools such as MRI and portable devices for movement analysis.
- For an up to date publications list see Google Scholar.