Phone: (619) 594-5543
Office: ENS 351A
Download CV (pdf)
- Ed.D., University of Houston, 1989, Measurement and Research in Exercise Science
- M.Ed., University of Houston, 1987, Exercise Science
- B.S.E., State University of New York at Cortland, 1981, Physical Education
- American College of Sports Medicine
- National Academy of Kinesiology
Dr. Mahar is a Professor and Director of the School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences. His areas of interest include the promotion and measurement of physical activity and fitness, identification of valid and reliable youth fitness testing methods, and analysis of the effects of classroom-based physical activity programs on physical activity and on-task behavior. He is a member of the Scientific Advisory Board for the FitnessGram national youth fitness test and developer of the Energizers classroom-based physical activities. He is a co-author of a measurement and evaluation textbook and has served as investigator for a variety of research grants supported by the CDC, The Cooper Institute, and the Active Living Research initiative of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- For an up to date publications list see Google Scholar.