Phone: (619) 594-3106
Office: PSFA 403
Download CV (doc)
- Ph.D. The University of Kentucky. 2012. Animal and Food Sciences
- B.S. China Agricultural University (China). 2008. Food Quality and Safety
- B.S. China Agricultural University (China). 2008. Marketing
- American Chemists Society (ACS)
- Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)
- Southern California IFT Section (SCIFTS)
My research focuses on the functionalities and flavor impacts of food proteins. My research interests include agricultural by-products utilization (rice bran), novel protein development and characterizations (insect and algae proteins), utilization of plant and algae proteins in alternative meat products, and flavor characterization of protein-rich foods. I am currently researching rice bran protein extraction and utilization in gluten-free pasta, stabilization of C-phycocyanin, a blue colorant derived from spirulina, and characterization and synthesis of meat and seafood flavors from alternative proteins.
- For an up-to-date publications list see Google Scholar.