- B.A., Connecticut College
- M.A., JFK University
- Ph.D., Oregon State University
- Society for Behavioral Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity
Dr. Susan Levy was a professor of the School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences at SDSU. Her research focused on examining the effects of physical activity and sedentary behavior on physical function related to the maintenance of physical independence in older adults. She has conducted and evaluated multi-site exercise interventions to improve function in older adults with arthritis and evaluated the effects of the community-based exercise programs and interventions to reduce sedentary behavior on function related to activities of daily living. A primary goal of her research was to improve outcomes related to maintaining physical independence in older adults.