The Pre-Physical Therapy emphasis prepares students to meet the academic requirements necessary for entry to postgraduate education for rehabilitative professions such as physical therapy, chiropractic care, occupational therapy, physician assistant, and podiatry. Graduates find employment in a broad range of medical environments. Students wishing to meet all requirements for postgraduate education for a professional degree should meet with the undergraduate advisor as well as contact potential postgraduate education sites to obtain specific entry requirements.
Helpful Links for Students
As you are preparing to apply to doctorate of physical therapy programs, please find the following links to aid you in the application process.
- PTCAS Program Requirements & Prerequisites (includes course requirements, deadlines, observation hours, references, and supplemental requirements by program – updated regularly)
- SDSU DPT Admission Requirements
- Information on School of ENS Research Laboratories
- Application for Doctor of Physical Therapy Faculty Research Assistant positions
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities with SDSU Adapted Athletics
- Observation Hours in PT Clinics (docx)
- PT Resume Building
- General Resume Building
- APTA Careers in Physical Therapy
- US News Report on Physical Therapy
This page will continue to be updated with links that provide information designed to help you progress toward a career in Physical Therapy or another related health profession.
If you have more information about ways to get involved or about pursuing a career in physical therapy, please reach out to Kelly Lane, who serves a coordinator for the Emphasis in Pre-Physical Therapy program.