ATTENTION: Orientation and Semester I (Summer 2023) start dates are still to be determined.
The application period for Summer 2023 entry opens on October 1, 2022.
1. Submit the Cal State Apply Online Application by December 15, 2022
- An application fee applies.
- A SDSU “Red ID” number will be assigned which allows tracking of application status.
- When you are directed to the Cal State Apply webpage, scroll down to “Select a Term to Apply For” and choose “Fall 2023” (even though our start date is Summer 2023). This will allow you to start your application for the Physical Therapy Program.
2. Submit the Interfolio Supplemental Application by December 21, 2022
The application will ask that you upload:
- Completed 2022 SDSU Pre-requisite Course Checklist
- Applicants must download and use the 2022-23 SDSU DPT Pre-requisite Course Checklist document from this website. If you have downloaded a previous pre-requisite course checklist EXCEL sheet, you must transfer your information into the 2022-23 SDSU DPT Pre-requisite Course Checklist for your pre-requisite course GPA information to be accepted for review of your application. We have provided an example below on how to appropriately complete the 2022 SDSU Pre-requisite Course Checklist.
- Sample Pre-requisite Course Checklist (please review before completing Pre-requisite Course Checklist)
- Completed Applicant Volunteer Work Experience Form (pdf)
- Completed Program Disclosure Form (pdf)
- Resume/CV (two-page maximum)*
- Statement of professional goals *
- Statement regarding contemporary issues in physical therapy *
- Video (1-3 minutes) describing why you chose to apply to the SDSU DPT program *
- Names and email address of three references, who will be invited to complete a recommendation for the student electronically *
* full prompts and formatting details for these items will be provided within the Interfolio system
3. Submit Official Test Scores and Official Transcripts to SDSU Graduate Admission by January 12, 2023
- Have official GRE (and if applicable, TOEFL) test scores sent by ETS directly to SDSU Graduate Admissions (institution code 4682).
- Mail official transcripts from all colleges attended to SDSU Graduate Admissions (Students who attended SDSU need only submit transcripts for work completed since last attendance):
SDSU Graduate Admissions
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
last updated: 06/14/2022