Phone: (619) 594-2425
Offce: ENS 119
Download CV (pdf)
- DSc, Baylor University, Physical Therapy, 2003
- MPT, Baylor University, 1993
- BS, Doane College, Natural Sciences, 1991
- ABPTS Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Sports PT #2675
- ABPTS Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Clinical Electrophysiology #4852
- NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer #049702632
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist #954270
- DPT 880 Differential Diagnosis in Physical Therapy
- DPT 820 Musculoskeletal Therapeutics I
- DPT 821 Musculoskeletal Therapeutics II
Research and Scholarship Interests (Funded Activity/Other Research and Scholarly Activity)
Areas of interest include electrophysiological testing, human performance optimization, imaging of neuromusculoskeletal injury, and management of post-traumatic osteoarthritis. Prior research endeavors have focused on evaluation and management of bone stress injuries, lower extremity injury, and recovery following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Baker R, Souza R, Powers C, Rauh M, Fredericson M, Rosenthal MD. Differences in knee and hip adduction and hip muscle activation in runners with and without iliotibial band syndrome. PM R 2018; Apr 26. Pii: S1934-1482(18)30215-6.doi: 10.1016/j.pmrj.2018.04.004. [Epub ahead of print].
- Rosenthal MD, Bush M, Ziemke G, Halfpap JP. Navy Physical Therapy services while assigned to aircraft carriers: a review of the first decade. Mil Med. 2018; Apr 25. Doi: 10.1093/milmed/usy070. [Epub ahead of print].
- Halfpap JP, Cho AA, Rosenthal MD. Cervical Fracture with Vertebral Artery Dissection. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2016; 46(10): 929.
- Rosenthal MD, Hazel C, Malone T. Evidence for imaging in Sports MSK Rehabilitation. Sports Physical Therapy Section, Home Study Course. Manske RC. ed. July 2016.
- Sperier A, Hammel N, Rosenthal MD. Chondrosarcoma of the hip. Musculoskeletal Imaging. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2015; 45(10): 814.
- Imaging of Athletic Injuries. Sports Physical Therapy Section. Home Study Course. Rosenthal MD. Editor. April, 2015.
- Hair LC, Rosenthal MD, Flint JH, Rue JPH. Nonoperative rehabilitation of Achilles tendonopathy. Orthopaedic Rehabilitation of the Athlete. Getting Back in the Game. Reider BC, Provencher MT, and Davies GJ. eds. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA 2015.
- Green BN, Browske KM, Rosenthal MD. Elongated Styloid Processes and Calcified Stylohyoid Ligaments in a Patient With Neck Pain: Implications for Manual Therapy Practice. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine. 2014; 13(2):128-133.
- Freedman SR, Brody LT, Rosenthal M, Wise JC. Short-term effects of patellar kinesio taping on pain and hop function in patients with patellofemoral pain syndrome. Sports Health. 2014; 6(4):294-300.
- Rainey CE, Taysom DA, Rosenthal MD.Upper extremity deep vein thrombosis. Musculoskeletal Imaging. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2014; 44(4):313.
- Rainey CE, Taysom DA, Rosenthal MD.Snapping hamstring syndrome. Musculoskeletal Imaging. Journal of Orthopaedic and Sports Physical Therapy. 2014; 44(1):44.
Honors and Awards
- U.S. Army-Baylor University DPT Alumni Association
Alumnus of the Year (2015)
- American Physical Therapy Association Sports Physical Therapy Section
Lynn Wallace Excellence in Clinical Education Award (2014)