Download CV (pdf)
- DPT, University of Kentucky, Physical Therapy, 2009
- BS, University of Kentucky, Health Sciences, 2006
Licensure information/Registration Number
- State of California Physical Therapy License #40072
- State of Illinois Physical Therapy License #070017471
- June 2017 Board Certification in Orthopedics, American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- May 2016 Credentialed Pain Provider, Academy of Integrative Pain Management
- September 2013 Military Auricular Acupuncture Certification, HELM Institute, Pain Skills Training
- June 2013 Dry Needling Neuromuscular Dysfunction Level 1 Certification
- May 2013 APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor
- DPT 878 Psychosocial Aspects of Rehabilitation
Clinical specialty, Interests, and Practice sites
- Chronic Pain, Orthopedic, Amputations and Trauma
Research and Scholarship interests (Funded activity/Other research and scholarly activity)
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program, Co-Investigator
$1.4 million, 10/13-3/18
Functional Restoration Pain Program: The purpose of study was to assess the effectiveness of a functional restoration pain program (FRPP) to promote return to full, world-wide, deployable duty status in service members whose careers are threatened by chronic pain conditions. The FRPP utilizes National Institutes of Health (NIH) Patient Reported Outcome Measurement Information System (PROMIS) measures within the Department of Defense (DoD)-developed Pain Assessment Screening Tool and Outcomes Registry (PASTOR) system. This responsive and validated tool allows for the rapid tailoring of individual treatment as well as measurement of overall program effectiveness with minimal patient
- Hanling S, McChesney K, Medina-Torne S, Nahavandi P, Schumacher M, Sheridan T, Texidor A, Lesnik L. Navy’s First Functional Restoration Pain Program: Improving Readiness, Restoring Function, and Relieving Pain. The 31st American Academy of Pain Medicine Annual Meeting, National Harbor, MD, March 19-22, 2015.
- Hanling S, McChesney K, Medina-Torne S, Nahavandi P, Schumacher M, Sheridan T, Texidor A, Lesnik L. Navy’s First Functional Restoration Pain Program: Improving Readiness, Restoring Function, and Relieving Pain. -Military Health System Research Symposium, Fort Lauderdale, FL, August 17-20, 2015.
- Hanling S, McChesney K, Medina-Torne S, Nahavandi P, Schumacher M, Sheridan T, Texidor A, Lesnik L. Navy’s Functional Restoration Pain Program: Increasing Patient Activation, Enhancing Performance. The 32nd American Academy of Pain Medicine Annual meeting, Palm Springs, CA Feb 2016.
Honors and awards
- February 2015 Federal Government Performance Award
- September 2014 Federal Government Special Act/Service Award