Several DPT students presented their research at the 2016 SDSU Student Research Symposium (SRS). The SRS provides an opportunity for SDSU students to present their scholarly work. DPT faculty members mentored several students who earned awards.
A list of the presentations are below (DPT student presenters are indicated in italics, DPT faculty are indicated in bold.)
Congratulations to all!
- Keller A, Patel M, Saville C, Schlaff R, Walker A, Tuttle LJ. The effects of exercise and kinesiotape on diastasis recti abdominis in postpartum women
- D’Arpa N, Landerholm S, Mateo C, O’Connor R, Tokunaga J, Gombatto SP. Differences in kinematics of the lumbar spine and lower extremities between people with and without low back pain during a pick up task
- Arceo G, Gombatto, SP. Prevalence of impairments, pain and symptom change with impairment modification using a movement system examination for low back pain
- Mitchell K, Porter M, Anderson L, Arceo G, Phillips C, Montz B, Gombatto SP. Step up: differences in lumbar spine and lower extremity kinematics between people with and people without low back pain during a functional step-up task.
- Ruffe N, Sorce S, Durant R, Henson T, Menefee E, Winkler A, Whitley B, Rauh MJ. Y-Balance test as a predictor of running-related Injuries in high school cross-country athletes
- Taylor BP, Gilbert PE, Goble DJ, Baweja HS. Dual-tasking inhibits postural control in older adults. *** President’s Award Winner
- Erram JS, Burke MM, Taylor BP, Filoteo JV, Gilbert PE, Goble DJ, Baweja HS. Postural control with concurrent cognitive tasks in postural instability gait disorder vs tremor dominant Parkinson’s disease patients. *** Provost’s award winner
- Graff CD, Baweja HS, Goble DJ. Implementation of BTrackS for assessment of balance in individuals with stroke. *** Compact Award Scholar
- Swanson B, Arden T, Domingo A. Overground bionic ambulation in able-bodied individuals. ***Undergraduate Research Excellence Award
- Hernandez A, Gross K, Gombatto SP. Differences in lumbar spine and lower extremity movement during a step down functional task in people with and people without low back pain
- Soria SM, Goble DJ, Baweja HS. Postural control deficits in Division I athletes: the first 48 hours following mild concussions.
- Frenchik C, Goble DJ, Baweja HS. Maturation of postural sway is influenced by gender
- Schmaltz A, Dillon A, Paquette L, Domingo A. Comparing the efficacy of two methods of balance training on a narrow beam by using lower limb muscle coactivation as a predictor of learning