One of the most valuable assets attributing to the long history (50 years plus!) of the SDSU MSAT is the commitment and dedication of our clinical preceptors. Their passion for the athletic training profession and their devotion to the clinical education of our students significantly contributes to the success of the MSAT and our graduates. Each one is an amazing mentor through their compassion as they strive to ensure all students maximize his/her/their own potential. They are phenomenal!
Our preceptors are health care providers whose experience and qualifications include the following:
- BOC certification in good standing.
- Planned and ongoing education for their role as a preceptor.
- Receive regular evaluations and feedback on their performance pertaining to quality of instruction and student learning.
- Contemporary expertise in athletic training.
Our preceptors are committed to the highest level of supervision, instruction, and mentoring students during clinical education:
- In accordance with SDSU’s program’s policies and procedures.
- Including assessing students’ abilities to meet the curricular content standards.
- The number and qualifications of preceptors exceed the CAATE Standards to meet the clinical education needs of the program.
- We have over 71 preceptors associated with the MSAT!