- A bachelor’s degree in kinesiology. Applicants who do not have an undergraduate major in kinesiology may be admitted to conditionally classified graduate standing on the recommendation of the graduate adviser of the school. In addition to the minimum of 30 units required for the master’s degree, they will be required to complete the minimum requirements for an undergraduate major in physical education (i.e. up to 18 units of upper division exercise and nutritional sciences coursework):
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 212)
- Human Physiology (BIOL 336)
- Applied Kinesiology (ENS 303)
- Physiology of Exercise (ENS 304)
- Motor Learning and Performance (ENS 307)
- Statistics (e.g., PSY 270)
- A grade point average of not less than 3.0 in the last 60 units attempted.
- A minimum score of 475 (old GRE score) or 151 (new GRE score) on the verbal and 475 (old GRE score) or 142 (new GRE score) on the quantitative sections of the GRE General Aptitude Test.
Deadline: February 1 for fall admission (no spring admission)
1. Submit the California State University Online Application
2. Have test scores sent to SDSU
- SDSU institution code: 4682. Have GRE scores sent directly, as well as TOEFL score if medium of instruction was in a language other than English.
3. Send official transcripts to SDSU Enrollment Services
- One set of official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) from all institutions attended (except SDSU)
SDSU Enrollment Services
Graduate Admissions Document Processing Unit, MC-7416
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
4. Send the following to SDSU School of Exercise & Nutritional Sciences
- Two letters of recommendation (There is no form. Have recommenders use academic letterhead.)
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages describing applicant’s background, research interests/experiences, and goals relevant to degree being sought)
- If you are applying for a graduate assistantship or teaching associateship position, include the application materials.
SDSU School of Exercise & Nutritional Sciences, MC-7251
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7251